At Long Island IVF, we provide the most comprehensive and clinically sound fertility testing and treatments.
We start by performing a complete review of our patients' medical records and a careful assessment of their individual fertility status.
Evaluation & Diagnosis
At Long Island IVF, we provide the most comprehensive and clinically advanced fertility testing and treatments. We start by performing a complete review of our patients' medical records and a careful assessment of their individual fertility status.
While all tests performed are thorough and efficient, we also make sure not to repeat any tests done previously by other physicians as long as they have been done appropriately and are sufficiently recent. Testing of/for the following can provide a significant explanation for infertility:
- Male Factor - Semen Analysis
- Ovulatory Function - Serum hormone levels of FSH, LH, Estradiol and Progesterone
- Ovarian Reserve - AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone), Day 3 FSH and Estradiol
- Tubal Disease - HSG or Hysterosalpingogram, Fenvue, or Laparoscopy
- Cervical Disease - Post-coital test
- Uterine Disease - HSG, Hydrosonogram, or Hysteroscopy
- Endocrine Abnormalities - Serum hormone levels (above), Testosterone, Prolactin, and thyroid hormone tests, or Endometrial Biopsy
For a male, in addition to the semen analysis we may assess strict morphology, anti-sperm antibodies, Sperm Chromatine Structure Assay (SCSA) and urology evaluation results.
Depending on her individual situation, tests for a female patient may include blood tests, an endometrial biopsy, a hysterosalpingogram, a hysterosonogram, a hysteroscopy, and a laparoscopy to evaluate, the uterus, the fallopian tubes and the pelvis.
A significant part of our care here not only focuses on fertility diagnoses and treatments, but also on fertility counseling and guidance on making the best decisions for treatment. We believe in providing couples with honest and realistic information that helps them to form their own decisions and expectations. Our trained experts can help you in all areas of fertility treatment so you can feel confident about your chosen course of care.