How to get started
Step 1. Request an appointment for an evaluation and consultation. An individualized evaluation by a fertility specialist can help ease frustration and worry by providing information, answers and direction to further diagnosis and treatment. A Long Island IVF staff member will call you promptly and ask a few questions that will help them direct you to the doctor or facility that will work best for you.
Step 2. After you've made your appointment, you will receive a New Patient Package in the mail. Please review the enclosed materials and make sure you understand the information. Our staff is happy to answer any questions you may have. Be sure to complete the medical history form and bring it to your evaluation along with a copy of your most recent Ob/Gyn medical records (including results from your most recent breast exam and mammogram, a pap smear within the last 3 years and any genetic testing, if already performed).
Step 3. At the evaluation, you'll meet with our team members to discuss your individual needs as well as complete a series of tests that assess primary fertility factors in both women and men. This thorough infertility evaluation helps to identify and focus on a diagnosis, and from there, a treatment plan that will take full advantage of your reproductive potential.
The following tests will help us get a full picture of your situation:
- Ovulatory Function, Egg Quality and Ovarian Reserve - Serum hormone levels of FSH, LH, Estradiol and Progesterone, AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone), Day 3 FSH and Estradiol
- Uterine and Tube Anatomy - HSG, Hydrosonogram (watersonogram), Hysterosalpingogram, Femvue, or Laparoscopy
- Cervical Issues - Post-coital test
- Endocrine Abnormalities - Serum hormone levels (above), Testosterone, Prolactin, and thyroid hormone tests, or Endometrial Biopsy
- Male Factor - Semen Analysis and potentially a urologic examination
Step 4. A significant part of the care we provide is focused on counseling and guidance. We believe in providing couples with honest and realistic information to help you form your own decisions. Our team will help direct you towards supplemental services and specialists so you can feel confident about your chosen course of care.
Health and Wellness
We offer support groups, counseling, acupuncture, Yoga and more through our on-site Mind Body program.
We understand that navigating through finances can be an overwhelming step. Our experienced team of financial counselors are ready to answer any questions you may have.